Monday, December 14, 2009

Lewd Bob's Top 20 Albums of 2009



















Woods - Songs of Shame



As Perseus pointed out recently, I like compiling lists. And since we're talking about music, and it's almost the end of the year, allow me to temporarily interrupt Perseus' top 10 songs of the 2000s with my annual list of top 20 albums of the year.

Let me perhaps increase the interest of this post by offering a free copy of Lewd Bob's Best of 2009*. Each year I compile a double CD containing my favourite tracks from these top albums (plus many more!). I am willing to give away 10 copies, which means much printing, burning and anguish over track-listing.

The first 10 people to state their interest, will receive one.



















Steve McBean from Pink Mountaintops wondering how he'll dress for the photo shoot

Here's the list:

1. Woods - Songs of Shame
2. Pink Mountaintops - Outside Love
3. Built To Spill - There is No Enemy
4. The Thermals - Now We Can See
5. AC Newman - Get Guilty
6. Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish I Were an Eagle
7. Beirut - March of the Zapotec
8. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
9. Atlas Sound - Logos
10. The Antlers - Hospice
11. Islands - Vapours
12. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
13. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz
14. Jason Lytle - Yours Truly, The Commuter
15. Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer
16. Swan Lake - Enemy Mine
17. Girls - Album
18. The Clientele - Bonfires on the Heath
19. The Felice Brothers - Yonder is the Clock
20. The Flaming Lips - Embryonic

With apologies to Cymbals Eat Guitars, Art Brut, Volcano Choir, Wilco, Dirty Projectors and a few others. Their tracks may still, however, make the CD.



















Jason Lytle in his bedroom: "Mum, I'll be down after I skol a beer!"


*This assumes there are people out there who actually want one, and who are, further, prepared to provide me with their postal address.

26 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know who that is, but I sure hope he asked permission before borrowing his grandpa's cardigan.

Lewd Bob said...

Sorry EMS, I edited my post and now your comment is conspicuously meaningless. I therefore offer you the first copy of my best selling CD.

Mr E said...

Pick Me! Pick Me!

squib said...

And me! I love new music

WitchOne said...

And me please!

Kettle said...

Ooh ooh and me please!

Perseus said...

Do I have to express interest, or am I automatically on the list as I have been since 2004? Because if I need to, I will, but that would deprive someone here.

Lewd Bob said...

Ok.

First 5 takers we have (Perseus, yes, you're not required to enter the ballot - you're an automatic selection).

My email address for your postal addresses is, incidentally, "lewdbob at gmail dot com"

Pepsi said...

Can I have a mixed tape too Bob?

Please.


Ta.

Lewd Bob said...

Of course Pepsi, I'm surprised it took you this long.

shitbmxrider said...

Yes Please!

Leilani said...

May I too please?

obtuse-a said...

I feel shy asking but, yes please?

Anonymous said...

I'd ask for a copy of Bob's mix tape, but I'm afraid in some cultures that would be interpreted as a declaration of marriage with down-payment on the dowry, so I must refuse.

come.to.mumma said...

*breathlessly skids in* Am I too late? Am I? Am I eligible, given I mostly lurk? Plus is Boogey number 10? If he's not, please may I have one, Mr Lewd Bob?

Anonymous said...

come.to.mumma, I'm all 10. But you can have it - I am promised to another, with a bigger dowry than Bob's super-90 mix-tape.

come.to.mumma said...

Oh Boogey, that's very gentlemanly of you (as befitting your avatar) but that's OK, really. I was late, therefore I missed out. But thank you kind sirs Boogey and Bob

Anonymous said...

Seriously, ctm, have it, I don't want it... *sobs* oh god please don't make me accept Bob's mix-tape *bawling* I'm really too young and pretty to be married off into Bob's iniquitous harem.... besides which I think that I would be worth at least 7 head of oxen and a couple of original vinyl Birthday Party vinyl records.

Melba said...

Now I'm thinking I've missed out.

Any possibility for moi?

Lewd Bob said...

Melba, I'm pretty flexible. And of course, there was already a reserved copy for you.

Unknown said...

Sorry EMS, I edited my post and now your comment is conspicuously meaningless. I therefore offer you the first copy of my best selling CD.

Sweet.

Melba said...

Merci monsieur.

I will email address.

Lewd Bob said...

Ok, so I guess the competition is closed. Thanks to those that have provided their addresses...wow, interesting to see people's real names!

To those others, Mr E, Witchy, Pepsi, Leilani and Obtuse, please let me know your addresses - although there is no hurry as the CD hasn't yet been designed, burned or printed.

Also I have put aside a copy for Ramon, as he is the elder statesman here, and it would be remiss of me not to send him one...if he wants one of course.

Ramon Insertnamehere said...

Cripes, thanks Bob.

I certainly wasn't expecting that!

Will email you address.

Leilani said...

Thanks Bob, what's your email for delivery instructions? Or have I missed the obvious?

Lewd Bob said...

You have Leilani, nevertheless, here it is again: lewdbob at gmail dot com.